3.13.2009

A Book A Day While The Food Blogger's Away


I've had it with this cold, nasty weather! So bon voyage! I'm off to Aruba for the week. I'm looking forward to sharing my warm, sunny adventures with you when I get back. Don't worry: I plan to have plenty of food pictures (I've been researching where to go out to dinner for more than a month now!).

But in the meantime, I decided I would let you in on a passion I have that comes second to food: books. I love reading. I definitely used to read a whole lot more before my interest in food developed to this extent, but I still read as often as I can -- even if it's just a page or two before bed.

And because I love food and reading so much, my favorite books are, you guessed it, food-related. (Somehow all of my books about grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure got demoted to the second shelf.)

I often write about cookbooks I use and enjoy, but I want to take this opportunity to introduce you to some food fiction and nonfiction books I've enjoyed. These are just basic thoughts and little snippets because I don't have much time to write in the midst of packing and organizing, but you should still be able to glean some insight into each of the books.

Be sure to stop back during the next few days to read about some of my favorite food books. You might even find some new favorites to add to your collection.